[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Fri Nov 30 21:16:20 UTC 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 11:04 AM, David Rees wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007 7:51 AM, Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FYI, I enabled slow deletes and so far I am not convinced it has
>> helped any.
>> This was a useful suggestion that perhaps I dismissed prematurely.
>
> On JFS/XFS filesystems, it's not likely to help that much unless you
> have really big recordings. If you use ext3, it's almost a
> requirement.
>
>> Several people have suggested we convert the recordedseek table to
>> innoDB,
>> but that table does not participate in the BUSQ.
>
> Please convert ALL tables to InnoDB (except for nestitle, see my post
> from last night), not just the recordedseek table. Let us know how it
> works.

It would be good to see log snippets of the actual time difference,
if it does.

grep 'Scheduled' /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log should extract these
for you.

It may take a while before you can get a good average.  I'm still
using MyISAM tables, on a single-disk system, and my scheduler times
range from about 7 seconds to 20 seconds, with most hovering around
14.  I suspect the longer times are when the machine is busy doing
other things, like commercial flagging and recording.