[mythtv-users] Network execs added 1 minute to program length

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 1 02:05:54 UTC 2007

* On Sun Sep 30, 2007 at 06:45:08PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> On 9/30/07, Gary Elder <gelder4 at cox.net> wrote:
> >
> > Network execs have screwed up my ability to record shows on different
> > channels for success hour blocks. For instance, ABC runs Grey's Anatomy
> > from 8:00 to 9:01PM.  This causes Myth to show a conflict for NBC's
> > showing of ER at 9:00PM, and subsequently doesn't record.
> >
> > Is there a way to setup scheduling so ER (in progress) will start
> > recording at the conclusion of Grey's Anatomy at 9:01?  I can override
> > the ER schedule so that it starts at 9:01, but it seems NBC doesn't
> > always run the program over 1 minute every week and I don't want to
> > sacrifice the beginning of ER if it is not needed.
>

> Myth can only do what it has been told.  Scheduling tells it to run till
> 9:01 for Grey.  Scheduling tells it to start at 9:00pm for ER.  Change one
> or the other.  You can't expect it to "magically" figure out what to do.  If
> you don't like setting ER to always start a minute late, then you will have
> to watch your Upcoming Recordings for conflicts and correct them on a
> one-off basis.

The solution is to tell Myth to do this then. :)

Set a hard "start early" of -1 on E.R.  Set a global pre-roll of
1 minute.

When Grey's Anatomy is scheduled to end late at 9:01, then the scheduler
will ignore the global pre-roll and will start E.R. at 9:01 as scheduled.

When Grey's Anatomy is scheduled to end at 9:00 on the dot, then the
scheduler will give E.R. the 1 minute global pre-roll and you won't
miss the start of E.R.

--
Chris