[mythtv-users] How to record a particular station on only one of many tuners?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 05:28:40 UTC 2007

On 01/10/2007, Stephen Hocking <stephen.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a backend with three tuners and two possible sources of OTA
> signal. One of the antennas gets perfect reception for every available
> station except one, which I'll call SBS (because that's its name). The
> other antenna gets mediocre reception for every channel except SBS,
> which comes over clear as a bell, without any glitches at all. Is
> there anyway of binding a  channel to just one tuner?

Create two video sources containing all of the channels. For the first
source which does not get good SBS reception, increase the recpriority
(via the Channel Editor) for all non-SBS channels. For the second
source which has good SBS reception, increase the recpriority for SBS.
MythTV determines which is the 'best' channel/source combination to
record from  by totalling the video source's and channel's recording
priorities. This should ensure that non-SBS channels are recorded from
the first source (with good general reception) and that SBS is
recorded from the second source having better SBS reception.

This solution still allows MythTV to record channels from the other
lower-quality source if necessary when scheduling conflicts arise, but
will mean that by default *all* channels will be recorded from the
highest quality source first.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: