[mythtv-users] How can I completely remove lirc?

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 10:59:16 UTC 2007

I 'think' that my current lirc setup is interfering with my wireless
keyboard. This may not be possible and is could just be that one key on
my keyboard is a bit broken. However, seeing as I can't get my remote
configured properly anyway, I would like to completely remove all traces
of lirc and its configuration files to see if it sorts the keyboard out.
Could someone tell me a thorough way to do this in Ubuntu that will
leave me in no doubt whether the remote setup is the cause of my problem?

My plan then is to install Mythbuntu on top of my current system (after
the 7.10 upgrade at the end of the month) and see if the Mythbuntu
Control Centre can sort out my remote.

Cheers
Damian