[mythtv-users] Myth on a Laptop

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:38:07 UTC 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:57:17 -0400, "Thom Paine" <painethom at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am setting up mythtv to use on my laptop so that I can import shows
> I've recorded and videos I have to take with me when I travel.
>
> I have myth all set up, but I cannot connect to the master backend on
> ip 127.0.0.1. I don't have any tuner cards, and don't need any, I just
> want to be able to take what I have on my home system with me
> periodically.
>
> Anyone else doing a similar setup and can offer any tips or tricks to
> make this work well?

I can't think of a good way to do what you want besides copying over the
recordings manually and playing them with another viewer (mythrename.pl and
mplayer could help here).

Perhaps this might be a good reason to come up with an "offline" mode to
Myth?  Something like: if the backend and/or DB are not available, then go
to offline mode.  This would require an option on recordings and vides to
"make available for offline viewing".  Just a thought.