[mythtv-users] Myth on a Laptop

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 1 16:12:51 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:

> Several people have played with "Myth-to-go" over the years, myself
> included.  There just doesn't seem to be enough critical mass, or a dev
> with enough time and desire, to put it all together.  (I'm not
> criticizing here; I'm one of those who has the need but not the time /
> knowledge / desire to get it done.)

I suspect there's a lack of a lot of interest.

What might you want to do "on the go"?

Watch recordings? You can do that easily by just transferring the files.

Schedule recordings? You can do that now with a web browser.

You can grab any recordings not already on the laptop over the net.

Anything having to do with optical media would require physical access
to the main machine.

Maybe tuning and watching live TV (a la Slingbox) would be desired, but
by how many?

beww