[mythtv-users] Coax splitters - how painful are they?

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 11:55:05 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Thanks for the pics. My setup in the furnace room is starting to look
> like your 'service centre' too. What is the brand/description of the
> coax amp you have in your setup. And similarly for the ethernet
> patch/hub panel to the right of the router.

That is the power supply to a Winegard mast-mounted preamp in the attic
over the garage. I have some tidyup to do there as well. I'll take the
camera and some lights up with me and takes some shots. The ethernet
patch, sadly, is no longer carried by any of my local A/V or security
distributors. I went online and found a dwindling number of places
carrying them. I have lots of pictures of wiring one of these up using
trade tricks.

> BTW, how did you mount the HDHR? The darn thing has none of the usual
> mounting holes..

I have pics of this as well. While overkill, the base is a pair of three
inch corner braces mounted behing the Antec UPS. Once I've wired it as
best as I think it will end up, the grooming of the patch cords help
hold the boxes in place. To really help things stay put, I place a two
or three inch strip of 3M bulk Velcro between them. This adds a little
distance between chassis for better ventilation and lets me yank a piece
out with minimal fuss in the future.

Now, back to Lightroom. I'm spending an hour sifting through photos now
   but work will get in the way for the rest of the day. Another
frustration is the constant switching back and forth between getting
this wiring done and tinkering with the new photo gear. Seems like this
is taking four times as long as usual.

--
mw