[mythtv-users] Database reset problem

Doug Young goofdad at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:17:01 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Royce Souther <osgnuru at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I stop MythTV from removing entries from the videometadata every
> time it restarts?
>
> When MythTV starts up it looks for the videos in the database and if it
> cannot find them it deletes the record. Everyone in my house has different
> access to videos based on permissions. The files are still there but cannot
> be accessed by everyone.

I have not experienced this.  The only time MythTV does this on my
system is upon entry into the Video Manager.  If that is the case, use
the Parental Controls that come with MythVideo and set a
password...then nobody but you can enter the Video Manager.

Also, I submitted a patch with
<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3973> that will make the 4 levels
of Parental Control in MythVideo independantly password controlled,
and thus more useful, so you don't have to rely on the filesystem to
enforce your controls.  If you're not into building your own, this may
not be useful until it sees the light of day, tho.
--
Doug