[mythtv-users] HD deinterlacing

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:09:00 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:

> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/265138?#265138
>
> Apparently some stations (notably CBS and NBC here in the States)
> broadcast commercials at a different encoding.  This fools Mythtv into
> displaying the wrong run time.  I think this also affects the speedups
> you are seeing (and I am also seeing...typically directly after a
> commercial break (at least in my case)).

I actually hadn't noticed, but the shows where I had the issue with
speedups etc are in fact showing the wrong length by about 7 minutes.

The other day I was seeing if I could debug this one:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/799

...Chris responded to my comments on the dev list with this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/293127

...apparently some stations have the commercials with different frame
rates (which really surprized me) and myth as yet has no way to
properly calculate lengths under those conditions.  Is this what
you're referring to by a different encoding?  It definately sounds
like what's going on here.

Tom