[mythtv-users] mythfrontend with vmplayer

martyn at wol.es martyn at wol.es
Mon Oct 1 20:43:29 UTC 2007

> >    Ok, I'm definitetly lost. There is no OpenGL output option in "TV /
> > playback options". There is one called "drawing engine" in "theme
> > options" (sorry, I don't know if this is correct as my mythtv is in
> > spanish), but it is set to "Qt", not "OpenGL".
>
> Whoops, I'm sorry.  Did not have my myth box in front of me, and still
> don't. Look through your submenus under the setup options, and find the
> OpenGL option, then make sure it's off.

   There are two OpenGL options in the setup: the first gives the chance to
use OpenGL or Qt as drawing engine, and is set to Qt. The second enables
vertical sync using OpenGL and is off. I have changed this options and had no
success. It is not a surprise, as the vmware video driver has no support for
accelerated graphics.

   The problem here is not the absence of a hardware accelerated graphics
driver, as the system is powerful enough to allow mplayer to play video
smoothly.

   It seems the program uses an incorrect time base, and tries to sync
throwing away a lot of frames. However installing vmware-tools didn't help.

   Is there any config option (perhaps in the config file)  to tell the
decoder to display every single frame in the mpeg stream? (For testing
purposes.)

        Martín.