[mythtv-users] Confused About HDHomeRun

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 1 22:40:12 UTC 2007

Forgot to tell you that you will need at least 2 lineups, maybe 3
depending on what your pcHD3000 can do. If it only captures ATSC
broadcasts then it can share the lineup for the HDHR. If it can capture
both Analog and ATSC then it needs another lineup.

I have a setup similar to yours but without the 3000. Here is what I see
as your lineup needs:

1. Analog tv captured by the built-in standard tuner.
2. ATSC only channels for the HDHR and perhaps the 3000 -or-
3. Combined analog and ATSC lineups for the 3000.

btw - If you try to record a channel with a tuner that does not support
the format you wind up with no recording. There is no attempt to
reschedule with another tuner so the way your setup is now you may miss
a bunch of shows.