[mythtv-users] Confused About HDHomeRun

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Tue Oct 2 00:24:42 UTC 2007

On 10/1/2007 3:25 PM Jerry Rubinow said the following:
> On 10/1/07, Drew Tomlinson <drew at mykitchentable.net> wrote:
>
>> I tried but no joy.  Although now that I've scrolled down a bit in
>> Mythweb, I see that the scheduler is using one of my HDHR inputs
>> sometimes but not nearly as often as it could.  Here are my current cards:
>>
>> cardid   cardtype          dbox2_port
>>  8       MPEG              31338
>>  9       HDTV              31338
>> 10       HDHOMERUN             0
>> 11       HDHOMERUN             1
>>

> Since the cardids are 8,9,10,11, it means you didn't use DELETE ALL in
> mythtv-setup.  You need to use the command which clears all cards from
> database.  Clearing cards one at a time or clearing them just from the
> local backend will not have the desired effect.  After you've done
> DELETE ALL, the card numbers should start from 1.

I would expect the cardids to start over again at 1 as well but they
never have for me.  I did use the DELETE ALL command and this is what
happened, just as it did the last time I rearranged my cards.  If you
could tell me how to really get everything cleaned out, I'd appreciate
it.  I once tried going right to the tables and changing the cardid
field in any table that had it to reflect a 1,2,3,4 order but that
didn't work.  I probably missed something.

Anyway, if there is some way to start over again at 1, I'd love to hear
about it.

Thanks,

Drew

--