[mythtv-users] Slow myth TV user interface on a fast machine

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 01:04:17 UTC 2007

There have been several threads talking about this problem, including this
one:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/255655?search_string=slow%20recording%20menu

I too have this problem on a FC7 AMD Athlon 2500+.  I use the nvidia 9746
driver.  I have never used nv or anything else.  I was initially using qt
menu renderer but switched to OpenGL and that actually seemed to help a
little.  Not sure why since it seems to be the opposite of what most people
expect.  I also turned on "CPU friendly thumbnails" or something like that
in the setup menu.  Maybe that helped a little too.

Bottom line is that this problem did not exist in my previous setup of Myth
0.18 and I think nvidia 7174 driver.  It was apparently introduced somewhere
in 0.19, based on threads in the discussion archive.  Still happening in
0.20...

Larry