[mythtv-users] HD deinterlacing

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:37:57 UTC 2007

On 10/2/07, Phil Vid <phil.vid at gmail.com> wrote:
> And another follow up here - the nvidia card seemed to think 1080i
> would require 100.1 hz to display and was rejecting the mode.

This might be your driver version or just the usual grief with getting
recent nvidia drivers to accept modelines. There are plenty of other
threads discussing various config options - you just need to find one
that works :)

> Does xrandr 'just work' when you have the correct modelines or do I
> need some additional config?

Once you get a 1080i50 modeline working, just test playback first with
a 1080i desktop. If that works, you'll probably want to revert to a
progressive modeline (I use 720p) and then start playing with
'Separate video modes for GUI and TV playback' (under
settings->Appearance I think).

This will allow you to leave your 1080p/720p desktop for the gui and
then swich to 1080i (or 576i etc) for specific material.

Cheers

Mark