[mythtv-users] Confused About HDHomeRun -- SOLVED!!!

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:29:09 UTC 2007

On 10/2/07, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:
> Interestingly enough, when I did my HDHomeRun install and got the 3_1,
> 6_1, 6_2, etc channels, I just thought that was 'the way things were'.
> I adjusted my recordings accordingly to utilize the new channel numbers..

If for some reason you'd rather have a conflict than record an HD
available show in non-HD then that would be the way to do.  You have
to change all your "record anytime on this channel" rules.

If you want no conflicts and want to record the show on either HD or
non-HD tuner (and want to retain your existing channel rules) then
you'll want the callsigns to match.  Whether myth will prefer the HD
tuner or the non-HD tuner depends on tuner priority and whether HD
programs are given priority.  You could set it up either way.

This is how I believe it works anyhow.  I don't actually have my
system setup that way yet since I am not fully HD ready.

> How did you go about editing the call sign info?

Go into mythtv-setup and use the "Channel Editor".  Filter on the
source that has the HD channels.  Select the channel in the list, and
then edit the callsign.