[mythtv-users] Using Partial Channel List From Lineup

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Tue Oct 2 23:34:25 UTC 2007

I'd like to setup Myth to use a cable tuner box. I have a lineup from SD that
covers it's channels but the problem is that I only want *some* of the
channels from that lineup. I can't just edit the lineup because I have *other*
tuners using that lineup.

I can manually create the list of channels I want. However when
mythfilldatabase is run, it "backfills" all the missing channels into the new
sourceid I created.

How do I keep mythfilldatabase from adding channels? Currently I run
mythfilldatabase from a cron job.

Thanks,

Kirk Bocek