[mythtv-users] HD QAM signal - LAMGV vs LAM

Patrick Wagstrom patrick at wagstrom.net
Wed Oct 3 01:28:58 UTC 2007

I've tried to find the answer to this, but couldn't manage to find it,
so here's hoping someone knows.

I have dual HD-3000 cards that use to tune in QAM via Comcast in
Pittsburgh.  Sometime last week, comcast did something to their signal
that made me remap almost all of my high-def channels, with the
exception of PBS.

I went through and remapped all the channels, but noticed along the way
that when tuning the high def channels that changed, they used the say
LAMGV and now they just say LAM.  I've seen in the past that changes may
have something to do with encryption[1], but there has been no change in
the signal that I can tell.

So, can anyone tell me what the letters of LAMGV mean?

Thanks!

--Patrick

[1] http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2006-November/155956.html