[mythtv-users] Getting lirc working on a Logitech Harmony 550

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:06:37 UTC 2007

Harry Devine wrote:
> I just got an IR Blaster receiver from irblaster.info, and have a
> Logitech Harmony 550 remote.  I'd like to get the remote working via
> lirc to control my Myth box.  Does anyone have any tips/tricks/gotchas
> on how I can go about getting this working?  I installed Myth with lirc
> support when I initially set it up (in anticipation of getting a remote
> working at some point), but I'm sure that I'll have to tweak a few
> things here and there.  I read somewhere (maybe even in the Wiki) that
> the Harmony remotes  can be set to emulate a Hauppauge remote, but I'm
> not sure exactly how to do that.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Harry

Harry,

Not *exactly* sure about that particular model, but, the two Harmony's I
have you set up via a web interface.  You pick the devices and the
activities you want, and create activity buttons.

Given that, you can pick in essence anything you want to create your
PVR/TV combo, and load the remote.  Once done, then you you use irrecord
to record the buttons you want, and create the lircd.conf file.

If I remember correctly, I picked my TV and a tivo and used those, then
trained lirc to know what the buttons mean.

HTH
Brian