[mythtv-users] Could someone just clarify a TV out question?

Simon Bell mail at simon-bell.net
Wed Oct 3 14:57:03 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject of MythTV and
outputting to a TV, due to a problem I'm having.

The smooth playback I get from my 'off the shelf' digibox is not
replicated by MythTV, camera 'pans' or news tickers etc.

Would I be right in saying this can never be corrected just using a
graphic boards TV out and that the only way to fix it is to use a TV
card with a TV out also.

And, does this problem apply to digital outs also eg. DVI or HDMI
straight to a HD TV or does using digital eliminate the problem?

Sorry if this means people repeating themselves, I just need it spelled out!

Thanks

Simon

--
mail at simon-bell.net