[mythtv-users] Using both SD and EIT?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Oct 3 15:13:10 UTC 2007

On 10/03/2007 11:07 AM, Anthony Messina wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2007 10:22:50 am Mailing Lists wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have a howto or can provide direction on how to integrate
>> both SD and some EIT data?  I'm thinking I want EIT for some stations
>> while SD for most of it since its more complete.
>>
> you enable the EIT scanning for the input source in the mythtv-setup, then you
> can either use mythtv-setup or mythweb to edit each channel for which you
> want EIT data gathered.

Though there are still issues with the code (which wasn't designed to
support using both EIT and a grabber on the same video source).  I.e.
you may lose EIT data every time mythfilldatabase runs or ...  (Oh,
and--though you're not considering it--I feel I should remind readers
that using EIT and a grabber on the same /channel/ is definitely not a
good idea.)

As you find issues, feel free to patch them and submit the patches.

Mike