[mythtv-users] Scaling up?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Wed Oct 3 19:28:38 UTC 2007

Right now I have a dedicated backend that has a HDHomerun and a PVR-500
attached to it.

It's got 2 2.4Ghz Xeon's, and 1Gb of memory.

So -- my question: I'm thinking of adding a second PVR-500 to it.  And,
possibly, a second HD Homerun.

Do you think the box can handle it?

I have another server (where the actual database lives.  If I need to, I
*could* offload one or both of the HDHomerun's over to it.  But -- it does
have other jobs, so -- if possible, I'd like things to stay on one box.

So -- I guess my question is:  Can one box hold 4 SD and 4 HD tuners?  And,
if no one knows, how can I tell once it gets overloaded?

-Dave

--
David Frascone

Oxymoron: Safe Sex.