[mythtv-users] Could someone just clarify a TV out question?

Kevin Page mythtv-users-list at krp.org.uk
Wed Oct 3 19:31:46 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 10:31 -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > Does this sound more like you describe as an interlacing or frame
> rate
> > issue?
> Unfortunately, I know it when I see it, but I'm not very familiar
> with how to solve it!

There has been some recent discussion around this subject in the thread
"Video quality?":
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-September/197063.html

If you cannot get your monitor to use the same refresh rate as your
source video signal (e.g. 50Hz for PAL) then you could be out of luck -
as far as I can tell from what others say whilst some systems do a bit
of cunning rate adaption in their deinterlacing algorithms, Myth
currently doesn't.

I'd be interested to hear if matching refresh to that of your source
alleviates these issues - I've not had much luck this far with my
monitor, but knowing it made a difference might motivate me to somehow
"try harder" (or spend cash on different hardware :-/ )

Regards,

kev.