[mythtv-users] mythbackend segemenation fault (on scheduling items)

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:31:09 UTC 2007

> "GetRecordBasename found no entry" is output when the query:
>
> SELECT basename FROM recorded
> WHERE chanid = :CHANID AND
>       starttime = :STARTTIME;
>
> finds no rows.  Therefore, you probably have broken channel ID or broken
> starttime data in a couple of rows of the recorded table of your DB.
> Unfortunately, the logging info isn't very descriptive because that's a
> section of code that should never be reached (can only be reached with
> broken data).  So, you'll have to do some investigating to see what
> record is broken.  On the bright side, it looks like only a couple rows.
>
> > I would not mind to make a new clear database, but I would like to
> > have my recordings in thw new database. Can I somehow export
> > recordings data and import again? I could copy the tables, but that
> > would not be smart if the database is corrupted.
>
> Therein lies the crux of the problem... ;)  The table that contains the
> recording metadata is the recorded table, which is also the table which
> has the broken data...
>
> Because the data is partially corrupted now, I'd highly recommend a
> "spring cleaning"--after you fix the data--as described at:
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 .
>
> Once you get a good clean DB, see if the seg faults stop.  If not, let
> us know an we'll dig deeper.  (No sense going deeper until the bad data
> is fixed, though.)
>
> Mike

I archived (moved and renamed files) important recordings and deleted
everything else with mythfrontend. After that I compared
mythconverg.recorded and my recording/livetv directory and deleted
everything what did not match in each of these.

I also cleaned channels etc.

No error messages in the last two hours. It is maybe early to be
happy, but it looks good.

Thanks.

M.