[mythtv-users] Network execs added 1 minute to program length

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Thu Oct 4 21:02:04 UTC 2007

Forgive me for jumping into this so late in the thread. But let me see
if I understand this.

Jedi doesn't like that Show A runs 1 hour and 2 minutes, because that
means Show B will be conflicted and not record. Yes?

So wouldn't a simple solution be to have an option allowing episodes to
start up to XX minutes late? So if Grey's Anatomy is scheduled to run 62
minutes, I can have a pre-configured option saying any show following
that is allowed to start up to 5 minutes late, or 25 minutes late if I
wanted.

Again, this thread has been going on for days and I've just been
deleting it, so I'm sure this has been discussed. But I'm not sure what
the arguing is about. It seems like a simple enough option to add. Then
again, maybe I missed something and its more complicated than that.

Mike