[mythtv-users] Getting lirc working on a Logitech Harmony 550

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 21:42:00 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 04/10/2007, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>>> You did rename /etc/lircrc-haupgrey-g3.txt to /etc/lircrc, didn't you?
>>>
>>> A system-wide lircrc should be in /etc/lircrc, and user-specific
>>> config in ~/.lircrc, which will take precedence of that in /etc.
>>>

>> I didn't do that (I didn't know I had to), but I just did, restarted the
>>

> There is a lot of useful LIRC info online at http://www.lirc.org which
> explains how everything fits together.
>

>> lircd service and tried again.  Same symptoms.  Could the new IR Blaster
>> not be working?  When I re-ran the MythDora setup, I picked option 3
>> first to do the IR Blaster, and picked COM1.  Maybe it's COM2?
>>

> 1. Just to be clear, do you have a blaster (transmitter) or receiver?
>
> 2. It is possible the hardware is not working. In my experience it is
> much more likely the LIRC config is not correct.
>
> 3. If your machine has more than one serial port, you'll need to know
> which port your serial device is connected to and amend your
> lirc_serial modprobe options (/etc/modprobe.conf) accordingly. You can
> get the details of your serial ports from 'cat
> /proc/tty/driver/serial' or dmesg. You must also release the kernel's
> serial port driver before loading lirc_serial. I would expect MythDora
> does this for you when you configure LIRC.

I have an IR Blaster from irblaster.info (the one that they say works
with Myth).  I ran dmesg and saw the following entries for lirc:
               lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
               lirc_serial: auto-detected active high receiver.

I am attaching my lircd conf files in case you care to take a look.  A
buddy of mine sent me them from his system, so it's possible that I have
something incorrect.  I setup my Harmony as a Hauppauge PVR-350

Thanks,
Harry