[mythtv-users] Deleting channels from mythtv

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Oct 4 22:22:08 UTC 2007

On Oct 4, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Bruce Markey wrote:

> Paul King wrote:
>> seems to allow me to delete all channels. How would I go about
>> deleting
>
> "D"

What's funny is, the Myth docs imply that you have to manually modify
the database:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.9
I just did it this way a couple weeks ago because I assumed there
wasn't any other way.  There's nothing in the UI that indicates "D"
is a valid command there.  Maybe this should be documented somewhere
other than the mailing list.  There are a lot of Google results that
say how to do this by modifying the database, which implies the
existence of an easier method isn't well-known.