[mythtv-users] Fanless, not only quiet

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 00:11:02 UTC 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 06:22:32 pm lanas wrote:
> Folks,
>
>   Are there any recommendations for a fanless system ?  Quiet PCs are
> one thing, but a fanless PC is somethign altogether different.  I
> recently worked with embedded fanless PC and what it means is that it
> emits really no noise.  And you don't have to buy Zalman fans amd
> such and try to get a so-called 'quiet' PC.

I've been looking at these guys:

http://www.hushtechnologies.com/

At this point, I plan on going water cooled though.  It's cheaper,
provides better cooling, and apparently the pump noise is inaudible at
1 foot.

Also, be careful with a fanless solution with a tuner card - those
suckers can get hot, and will probably not do well without some
circulation.