[mythtv-users] Broken Mythconverg - DBSchemaVer variable - how to recreate ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 5 00:56:22 UTC 2007

On 10/04/2007 08:19 PM, Robert Rozman wrote:
> I get this weird error for 2 weeks now when starting mythbackend. It seems
> that I have corrupted settings table (it's empty) in mythconverg database.
> How to recreate it manually ?

Best bet is to restore the most-recent backup you made before you did a
"TRUNCATE TABLE settings;" or "DELETE FROM settings;" (without a WHERE
clause).

If you know for a fact that you did not accidentally execute such a
command, you may have a corrupted database (run
optimize_mythdb.pl--doesn't hurt to run it even if the DB isn't corrupt).

If you have no other choice, you can try:

INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('DBSchemaVer', '1160', NULL);

and reconfigure your entire system.  Though I would do a "spring
cleaning" afterwards ( backup the DB, drop it, then use mc.sql, then run
mythtv-setup, then exit mythtv-setup, then do
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 ) because there's no
way I could trust a DB whose tables just disappear with no explanation
(and I would be afraid other important stuff disappeared).

Mike