[mythtv-users] sa3250 keep alive

Daniel Agar daniel at agar.ca
Fri Oct 5 06:05:25 UTC 2007

I'm finding that after about a week of successfully recording HD over
firewire from my SA3250 it just stops. Its happened for the past 2 weeks
now consistently (thursday nights in the first few minutes of conan). I
don't get any errors in the logs (not even the usual no input for 15
seconds), just no mpeg. After a few resets of the STB and a reboot I can
get it to respond again. I was wondering if anyone had a solution or was
even experiencing a similar issue with this particular STB. I saw a post
for a dct6200 keep alive script earlier and was hoping for something
similar, yet my googling has found little.
My SA3250 sits in a closet with my HD frontend so it gets quite warm, so
thats one possibility.

Daniel