[mythtv-users] commflag, transcode, user job order

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:19:36 UTC 2007

Some Background.

I'm setting up a system for retrieving shows while on the road for
work.  In the past I did everything manually.. ssh in, transcode to
xvid, then sftp out the file.  I'd like to update and automate the
process.  For some shows where commercial flagging is pretty accurate
I'd like to cut the commericials out before transcoding to xvid to
save of file size.

I tried a nuvexport, but it error's out with an error on about termcap
when it's called from a userjob script (runs fine when called via the
command line). I also am a little frustrated with the quality vs, what
I can get with a simple script.

I have the jobs set up and working now.  I use a modified mythcommflag
command (seen in the archives) to import the cutlist after flagging.
Transcode then edits the recording, and then I transcode with mencoder
to xvid and add it to a rss feed (via a modified myth2ipod script).

When I check the boxes to run the jobs (commflag, transcode, userjob)
automatically following the recording, the looseless transcoding step
is being skipped.  my logs show the commflagging then straight onto
the userjob with no mention of the transcode.

I'm running the 0.20.2 fixes released for Ubuntu.  I'm also doing all
the jobs and processing on a slave backend (no tuners) with the
recordings mounted over nfs.

Is there anyway to enforce the job order?

Obviously if I could over come the nuvexport problems, I could cut out
the transcoding step all together... but so far I'm not getting
anywhere with that.

Thanks for any help.