[mythtv-users] SPDIF over HDMI won't work! (Asus P5B, AD1988B codec, Nvidia 7600GS)

Bill Soudan bill at soudan.net
Fri Oct 5 16:47:49 UTC 2007

Just a follow up for future viewers...

I've given up getting this working for now.  I've probably spent 4 or 5 hours at this point without any luck, I tried everything I could find on the net and the suggestions people gave me here.  I know the HDMI audio works properly by testing it with the DVD player.

Instead, I found that the TV will play audio received through the 3.5mm audio in jack when the HDMI input is selected.  It's only 2 channel, but it'll suffice for now.  Eventually I plan to buy a receiver and a set of nice speakers, then I'll run the spdif output directly to the receiver and HDMI audio won't be necessary at all.

Bill