[mythtv-users] How can I run serve my web page on Myth? KeepingMythtWeb as-is.

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Fri Oct 5 23:18:51 UTC 2007

moogie wrote:
> I am running an older version of Mythtv.
> It has been running since early 2006.
> I have not done any updates to it.
> Happy with it.
>
> It has the ip address 192.168.14.3
>
> I log into MythWeb with http://192.168.14.3
>
> Good so far.
>
> I have a script that performs some chores for me on this system.
> I would like to see the results of this script on a web page.
> But with MythWeb running, how do I serve up my custom web page?
> I want to keep MythWeb running as-is.  It's great.
>
> How can I run serve my web page on the same PC?
> What are my options?

Start by doing a google search of apache for "virtual hosts".  It might be
what you want to do.

There are really a million ways you can do this, be creative.  User pages
accessed from the /home/username/public_html directories can be accessed by
http://192.168.14.3/~username .

The list goes on and on.  Email you the results, cronjob to place the
results in a directory of the mythweb directory, etc, etc.

Brian