[mythtv-users] Using mythstream to view YouTube videos from your favorites list

Brad Corsello bcorsello at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 01:36:41 UTC 2007

Last night I was trying to find something useful to do with mythstream, and
I discovered how to stream any video on my favorites list.

YouTube provides a number of RSS feeds that can be parsed and displayed by
mythstream.  The default mythstream installation has an example that you can
adapt to watch other RSS feeds from YouTube.

YouTube has native support for RSS feeds for videos having a particular tag:

http://www.youtube.com/rss/tag/YOURTAGHERE.rss

or videos posted by a particular user:

http://www.youtube.com/rss/user/USERNAME/videos.rss

which can be parsed and displayed by mythstream.

Although YouTube does not seem to have native support for an RSS feed based
on a user's favorites list, someone has apparently used the YouTube API to
fill in that gap:

http://www.referd.info/favorites/YOURUSERNAME/rss.php

will give you a feed of your YouTube favorites.

You can also get a feed of a YouTube playlist as follows:

http://www.referd.info/playlist/PLAYLISTNUMBER/rss.php

---
Brad Corsello