[mythtv-users] Got my Firewire tuner back!

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 6 14:50:05 UTC 2007

Daniel Arfsten wrote:
> I just tried to do what you suggested, but it didn't work.  I
> actually
> deleted my Video Source and set it up again to point to my only
> SD
> lineup.  When I click on the "Fetch channels from listings
> source",
> nothing happens.  The button depresses then comes right back,
> and the
> Starting Channel still says "Please add channels to this
> source".  Is
> this what was supposed to happen?  Did I miss something in your
> suggestion?
>
> Harry
>
> Well, the retrieve lineup wil only work for "tuners" not digital sources
> like firewire and s-video capture. You have to unassociate the firewire
> input from the source, then hit retrieve listings from lineup. I believe the
> issue is being worked on by the devs, this is a fix that has worked for me.
> At least I think.  I have a PVR-350, which I have the s-video in as
> /dev/video0 and I have firewire capture for only like 6 HD channels.
>

> Daniel

OK, I ended up having to do a scan and got a total of 320 channels
(which sounds about right for my lineup).  However, most of them still
say UNKNOWN17#0, etc.  I keep reading others who say "I scanned, matched
up my channels with there frequencies and xmltvids, changed them in the
channel editor, and I was good to go".  How do I go about doing that?  I
know I can manually tune each channel, run into my other room, find the
channel on my other STB, then look it up on SchedulesDirect to get the
xmltvid, but there's got to be an easier way.

Does anyone know if there is a list or site somewhere which has a cross
reference of frequencies (like 118.1, 17.1, etc.) and their
corresponding xmltvids?  SD only shows the xmltvids, no frequencies.  I
can't seem to locate the frequencies anywhere.

Thanks,
Harry