[mythtv-users] Video source problem

Wayne Van Tassel wvtassel at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 19:11:45 UTC 2007

I'm trying to set up a new backend only machine, and have a video source
problem.  I'm in Canada, and use Schedules Direct.  Perhaps I should say
this is the second mythtv system I've set up, so I'm not a complete noob
(close but not quite).  This time I've installed the backend on a Feisty
box, command line only.  The front end is an xbox running xebian.  I'm
using a pvr-500 capture card, if that matters, and I'm pretty sure it is
set up correctly. At least it's set up the same as I did it on the
system and that works fine.

When running mythtv-setup on the backend for the first time, I
mistakenly entered the channel frequency table as "us-broadcast" instead
of cable.  At least I think that's where my problem stemmed from.  The
first time through, under video source set-up, I got to select schedules
direct and then fetch the listings.  The listing showed up correctly as
Shaw-Victoria something.  When I fired up the frontend I had the
channels, but I only got reception on one.  When I went back to
mythtv-setup, I noticed the broadcast vs. cable error, and corrected it.
But now, I cannot fetch the channel line up.  If I scan for channels, I
get none.  I'm at a loss.  What can I do to fix this?