[mythtv-users] CielPlus Sky Digibox (UK) Addon decoder card......again!

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Oct 7 20:46:40 UTC 2007

Razza wrote:
> On 07/10/2007, *Paul Harrison* wrote:
>
> Just because there's a few prototypes available doesn't mean it ever
> went into production :-)
>
> OK I'm being a little cynical but I find it odd they started a thread
>  asking if anyone would be interested and then never respond to any
> of the questions/replies they get.
>
> As far as I know Alan was the only one to get a reply from them
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/279654#279654 and
> seemed to be making some progress so I never followed it up any
> further. I've just emailed him to see if he ever did get the sample
> code or the firmware he wanted.
>
> I'd still like to see some sample code.  Maybe this is the thing to
> get me motivated to actually write some code for Myth again :-)
>
> Paul H.
>
> You are cynical ;o) but maybe i'm equally naive :o( I did get a
> response from them, before they posted here, so have dropped them
> another mail. I no longer see CielPlus/Sky/MythTV as a selfish
> requirement on my behalf, but a way of motivating you to code, a
> pastime i'm sure you dearly love..... ;o)

I guess I'll just have to eat my words I just got this reply from Alan.

    > Did you ever get any more information/code from CielPlus?
    >
    > Have you actually seen a card working yet?
    >
    > Just curious since they never bothered to respond to the thread they
    > started on MythTV users.

    Yes, there are two of us working on it and we have cards and it works on
    VDR and MythTV although there's still a bit left to do, but it's
    working.

    Alan.

So it looks like we could have a working solution soonish.

I suppose the good news is I can continue to work though the backlog of
approx 150hrs of recordings I have =)

Paul H.