[mythtv-users] Fast Forward Works Then Stops

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 7 20:55:01 UTC 2007

On 10/07/2007 04:32 PM, Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade wrote:
> On Oct 7, 2007, at 9:07 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> I'd recommend starting with an optimize_mythdb.pl, then following up
>> with mythtranscode --buildindex on an affected recording (see the
>> archives for example command lines).  Much easier than transcoding and
>> may actually fix the issues.
>
> Well, this seemed to clear up the issue perfectly on two recordings I
> tested it with.
>
> I used:
>
> mythtranscode --mpeg2 --infile <recording_file> --buildindex
> --showprogress
>
> Would it be recommended to do this automatically on every recording?

In theory, if your DB is not corrupt, the seektable built during
recording is likely to be correct (unless you're I/O bound during
recording and MySQL is unable to properly write data).  So, I'd
recommend only running this on "corrupt" recordings.

> (And, is there a document that would guide me in doing this (maybe as
> a user job?) since I'm a total myth newbie?)
>
> Also, is there a simple way to determine file on disk from the UI?  So
> far, it's a little tedious sleuthing the file name that corresponds to
> a recording.

I'd recommend using mythrename.pl --link to create a directory of
links.  Then, you can look up the "real filename" with "ls -l
/path/to/link/directory/title*" or whatever.

The UI hides the filenames--perhaps to try to discourage users from
messing with Myth's data.  ;)

Mike