[mythtv-users] F7 upgrade; now no menu text

Mitch Miller mitch at mdmiller.com
Mon Oct 8 02:12:03 UTC 2007

Good evening all (well, okay, I guess it might not be evening for
*everyone*).

I upgraded my CF5 based MythTV system tonight to Fedora 7, so I could
update MythTV to use Schedules Direct.

So ... I did a normal Fedora 7 upgrade, and it seems to have gone smoothly.

At first I tried to use apt-get to upgrade MythTV, but was getting an
error about an Alsa Driver (and included FC5 in the name) so I figured
it was something legacy.  I used Yum to upgrade it, and it also did a
kernel update.

Since Yum did such a smooth job of getting the dependencies, and such, I
decided to use it for upgrading MythTV too.  The upgrade seems to have
gone well.

However ... now when I start mythfrontend, it does the pre-scaling bit,
but when the menu is supposed to pop-up, it's blank.  The icon is there,
and changes as I down-arrow.  If I down-arrow until the "watch TV" icon
is visible, and hit enter, it plays live TV just fine.  It's just the
text of the menu that is missing.

When I ran mythsetup to configure my Schedules Direct connection, I had
the same issue.  The menu text was not there, but if I just picked one
and hit enter, the normal configuration screens came up and worked just
fine.

Any thoughts regarding why the menu text is not visible?  So far this is
the only thing I've found that seems to be missing.

Thanks,
Mitch