[mythtv-users] os x backend usb dvb-t tuners

Peter Dash peter.dash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 15:23:54 UTC 2007

Is anyone out there using a mac mini OS X backend? I've currently got
an aging combined linux front/backend and am buying a new mac mini to
replace it.

For various reasons I'd like to try using OS X on it rather than linux
but am struggling to find any useful info on which usb DVB-T tuners I
should buy. It seems that the Eye TV products rely on the Eye TV
software for their drivers and won't work with 3rd party software but
it's not entirely clear. I think the Miglia TVMini Express might work
with 3rd party software but again it's not really clear anywhere that
I can find.

Is anyone using usb DVB-T tuners on an OS X backend at the moment?
Which tuners are you using?

Thanks,
Peter.