[mythtv-users] SVN install options

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:24:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have two Myth boxes.  One a combined FE/BE and the other a slave FE. I run
the latest version of Myth SVN.  Both boxes are P4's with SATA drives.  I
have always downed the SVN and compiled the source locally then installed.  I
was wondering if it would work to NFS mount the SVN dir on my FE.  Then
'make' and 'make install' the SVN on the BE. Then FE just do a 'Make
install'  on the NFS mount.

This would save me alot of time compiling the code.

They are close to being the same box except the BE is FC6 and the FE is F7.

Will this work?

Thanks,

Mitchell