[mythtv-users] No audio from 1 TV channel only; NTSC basic cable

David Smiley dsmiley at mac.com
Mon Oct 8 21:40:31 UTC 2007

I've got a perplexing problem that started a few weeks ago.  When I use
MythTV, one of the TV channels I get (Comedy Central) doesn't have any
audio.  AFAIK, all other channels have audio.  My TV's built-in tuner does
not have this problem.  I opened the underlying MPEG2 file on another
computer (with MPlayer) and I can't hear the audio there either.  It doesn't
matter wether I watch the channel live or via a recording.  There are no
"special" profiles/options for this channel I've set when compared to any
other channel.

I'm using the latest released MythTV on a dedicated mythtv backend/frontend
with a Hauppage 250.  I've got basic analog cable service in Lowell
Massachusetts--no cable box is involved.

What could this possibly be?

~ David Smiley