[mythtv-users] Help me disable screen blanking in FC7

bobwsmailbox-mytv at yahoo.com bobwsmailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 01:53:29 UTC 2007

Jason McMillon writes:

> Lately, my system has been blanking out after about 10 minutes of
> inactivity and can't be woken up via my remote control.  However, a
> connected keyboard works just fine.

I had a similar problem start after I upgraded from Knoppmyth R5E50 to R5F1 and then added
schedule direct patches. It didn't start right away and seemed to start after I was messing with
the keyboard trying to identify the command keys in xine.

I stopped it with the following command issued from a console shell prompt:
setterm -blank 0

Check out the last part of this page:
http://knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=xscreensaverHowTo

Hopefully it will not start again when I reboot.

Bob