[mythtv-users] Record time offset

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Tue Oct 9 04:11:06 UTC 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of R. G. Newbury
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2007 2:31 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Record time offset

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Yeah, isn't that what the original post asked for?
>> No.  The OP wanted a way to ensure /all/ recordings end 1 minute late.
>> The global values will be ignored for back-to-back recordings, so it
>> doesn't do what he wants.
>
> Oh, that's dumb. :) I'd hate to miss entire recordings because I
> *might* miss the last minute of another one.

If you have 2 tuners of the same type, you can schedule the consecutive
recordings before any others in those time slots. The 2 will use
different tuners in that case, preserving the pre-roll/post-roll
setting. If you want channel 2 both from 8 to 9 and 9 to 10, myth can
use tuners 1 then 2. But if you also want anything on any other channel
in the 8 through 10 period, you should let myth use the same tuner and
drop the pre-roll or post-roll.

I didn't use these settings until very recently, and it was instructive
to schedule some consecutive programs and see what myth did to resolve
the conflicts by looking at the 'Upcoming Recordings' page.

Geoff

Yeah.. essentially what was going on is that I have my time updated daily
via NTP.. but apparently the local tv stations think the world is 30 secs to
1 min slow. This is a recent thing as all my recordings last season were on
time. Add to this Myth's inherent behavior of ending recordings about 30
secs early and you have a mess on your hands, missing up to 1:30 mins of a
show.

Adjustments to all the shows end times without adjusting all the start times
was not going to work due to overlap and myth deciding to schedule the
recording at another time, which won't be till after the season is over and
they start repeats.
I knew of adjusting the start and end times via the recording profile, I
just thought that the adjustment in the menus would work without having to
adjust them all manually. The MSQL recommendation was staring me in the face
but I overlooked it..

Thanks all.. I seem to be ok now.

Marc