[mythtv-users] Old notebook with touchscreen ... make it "mythable" ?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:27:09 UTC 2007

> > and display got broken. I came to an idea while laying in the hospital
> > to make an extension cable for the display to be able to hide the rest
> > of the notebook somewhere and just to make display really visible for
> > the use.
>
> Or you could make a nice "picture frame" case with the laptop hidden
> behind the screen (in the case).
>
> Then you could install your favorite "picture slideshow" application
> on it, and make it so that when you touch the touch screen (pun
> intended), it changes into Mythweb or another MythTV remote control
> application.

that's nice idea. I have no "favorite picture slideshow application",
but MythGallery could probably do this. If not, I could find an
alternative.

There was also a plugin called MythRecipe or something like that. That
brought me to an idea to install display somewhere in the kitchen. I
do not need recipes because I am not a some kind of great cook, but I
like the idea of have touchscreen in the kitchen :)). Off course,
purpose of the touch screen is not clear :).

It would be nice to have some kind of simple theme for MythTv, which
could be used with touch screens ( keyword: car pc).

> PS. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Thanks a lot. I have a few days more to spend here ... but a lot of
pain killers and even more Internet are keeping pretty ok :)

--
Glauben heißt nicht wissen wollen, was wahr ist ... Nietzsche