[mythtv-users] PVR-500 opening livetv problem

Asher freedenizen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:34:20 UTC 2007

On 10/9/07, Marc <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:
> Asher,
>
> Do you have an external Tuner? If not why are you not using the Tuner input
> instead of the Composite?
> Give me some more information about your setup. I have a PVR-500 working
> without issues in one of my systems
> Post your Kernel Version and IVTV Version. It could be you are using the
> wrong version driver for your kernel.
>
> Marc

yes, it is connected to an external STB, I'm only using one input on
it pvr500 (I used to use both, but I have 2 other tuners now and
really don't need one that is just analog cable).

The weird part for me is that it is working fine for recording shows,
just not live, maybe there is higher tolerance for how long it takes
the card to initialize when recording vs live?

IVTV 0.9.1
Kernel  2.6.19-gentoo-r5

I will try to get more information when I am home, but there are no
errors in the ivtv messages in dmesg.