[mythtv-users] Old notebook with touchscreen ... make it "mythable" ?

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:07:56 UTC 2007

Matt:

Having tried this before, I've discovered that the main issue with
Myth on a touchscreen is that there generally are few navigation
buttons on the screen.  I built a kpanel applet a while back that
provides left, right, up, down, enter and esc buttons using the telnet
interface (thanks Chris!!), but you then have to run Myth in a window
and not full screen (a little distracting, but it works).

What would need to happen to make Myth more touchscreen friendly is to
create some means by which a navigation window could pop up so that
you could use the screen to navigate.  I'm not sure how to do it,
though there is an on-screen keyboard that can be called at certain
points.  This might provide a framework on which to build something.
I've got my hands full right now, so I won't be able to look into this
for a while.

George