[mythtv-users] Interesting fanless VESA-mount PC

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Tue Oct 9 18:47:53 UTC 2007

Craig Partin wrote:
> Can it play HD in linux?  Are there drivers for all of the hardware in
> this thing?  If so it could be the ultimate frontend for flatscreen HD
>  sets.

I'm thinking the same. I'm guessing all hardware has Linux support since
there is a "ship with Linux" option. Also, if this device is the same as
this (http://www.fiire.com/fiire-station.php) which is used with
LinuxMCE, then I'd say hardware compatibility should not be an issue.
HD remains the only big question for me. I might see if I can find some
LinuxMCE users success stories on this thing, hopefully some of them
have been using it for HD. Also kind of hoping that without the Fiire
Station branding it could be found somewhere cheaper than $899.

Oh, and I'd like to confirm that the VESA mount is "pass through" like
you can still use wall mount after putting the PC on the back. Anyone know?

Mike