[mythtv-users] Help me disable screen blanking in FC7

Jason McMillon jmcmillon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 01:59:29 UTC 2007

On 10/9/07, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Jason McMillon wrote:
> > Lately, my system has been blanking out after about 10 minutes of
> > inactivity and can't be woken up via my remote control.  However, a
> > connected keyboard works just fine.
> >
> > I have updated all my software in a hope to alleviate the problem.
> > Before that the only thing that I recall changing is installing a dhcp
> > server and tftp server (which uses xinetd) for use with my MediaMVP.
> >
> > Nvidia-settings doesn't seem to have anything to do with screen savers
> > and I have turned off screen blanking/savers via KDesktop.  I have
> > also rechecked my bios setting and didn't see any screen blanking
> > settings...
> >
> > I running Fedora Core 7 and KDE using Jarod's guide.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > Jason
> >

> Adding this section to xorg.conf works for me :-
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option "BlankTime" "0"
>         Option "StandbyTime" "0"
>         Option "SuspendTime" "0"
>         Option "OffTime" "0"
> EndSection
>
> Paul H.

Thanks for the suggestion...
The following seems to be working for me:
/usr/bin/xset s off
/usr/bin/xset -dpms

I think when I installed xinetd it overwrote my default settings, and
for some reason
my perform on login script isn't working.  I am going to drop the
above in my rc.local file and see if works on reboots.

Thanks for the help!!
Jason