[mythtv-users] Mac OSX DVD Playback?

Eric Robinson ryunokokoro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 03:58:24 UTC 2007

> Does anyone know where these would go in OSX?  I have a friend who
> installed libdvdcss using MacPorts.  That didn't work.  My friend then
> copied the MacPorts files into /usr/lib and that didn't work either.
>
> Anyone know where libdvdcss needs to be on a Mac?  Does it need to be
> built into the binary?

My friend figured it out.  Turns out you *can* just copy everything to
/usr/lib .  You see, I told my friend to check his console output to
be safe and, voila, there it was:

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 0.1.10-xine from http://xine.sf.net
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Could not open /dev/dvd with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/dvd for reading
libdvdnav: vm: faild to open/read the DVD

Any ideas?  Where exactly is the DVD located in OSX?  I told my friend
to try /dev/disk1 and that didn't work either...