[mythtv-users] PVR-500 opening livetv problem

Craig G. craig at goranson.org
Wed Oct 10 04:21:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-09 at 20:50 -0700, Asher wrote:
> On 10/9/07, Marc <drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:
> > Sorry I might not be able to help with this. Looks like you have the right
> > IVTV version for your kernel so the only thing I can think of is a myth
> > error. Post your backend logs from around a time period that you attempted
> > to watch live tv as well as the beginning of a recording.
> > If you don't any logs edit your /etc/conf.d/mythbackend file and change
> > MYTH_VERBOSE to "all". Then restart the backend service and grab log files
> > from your attempts to watch live tv.. there has to be a reason identified in
> > there.
>
> I have a log file attached to the ticket here:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/3817/mythbackend.log
>
> I'm not sure if it is helpful though

Sorry about my previous empty, post.   Its what I get for trying to use
outlook express instead of rebooting back to my linux and responding
using a real email client.

How do you have your IVTV card configured in mythtv?   Do you have it
configured as a MPEG2 card or as a V4L card?   I fixed a similar problem
with my friends mythtv setup as it had defaulted to a standard V4l
config for the card, as he hadn't changed it to being a MPEG2 card.   He
had problems with capturing only 4 seconds of info when watching live
tv, and it then it would stop recording.   And it turned out to be his
having the PVR500 configured in mythtv as a V4l card and not as an MPEG2
card.

Craig